Caring for your SomnoMed Device
- Always keep your device out of direct sunlight.
- Store SomnoDent away from pets and small children. As they might find your device particularly interesting and unfortunately any damage caused is not covered under warranty.
- When not in use keep your device immersed in clean water in storage container with the lid off.
- When travelling clean the device thoroughly, dry with a cloth and place in the storage container without water and place the lid on.
Cleaning your SomnoMed Device
- When you remove your device in the morning, rinse with water and clean it with small amount of liquid soap
- You may use a soft toothbrush or the brush provided with your storage kit
- Do not use toothpaste on your device as it contains abrasives and may cause damage
- Never use hot water as it will damage the device
- At night clean your teeth and mouth thoroughly before wearing your device
- SomnoMed recommends the use of SomTabs to clean your device in hard to reach areas
- You may use SomTabs as often as required; once a day to once a week. Click here for more information or to purchase SomTabs.
Tips when wearing a SomnoDent for Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Always wear both upper and lower plates together; wearing only one plate renders the device ineffective.
- In the morning you may find it helpful to chew gum or do jaw motion exercises to help alleviate any stiffness after wearing the device overnight.