Caring for your SomnoMed Device
- Keep device out of direct sunlight.
- Store away from pets and small children. As they might find your device particularly interesting and unfortunately any damage caused is not under warranty.
- When not in use keep device immersed in clean water in storage container with the lid off.
- When travelling clean device thoroughly, dry with a cloth and place in storage container without water and lid on.
Cleaning your SomnoMed Device
- Once device is removed from your mouth in the morning, rinse it with water and clean with small amount of liquid soap.
- You may use a soft toothbrush or brush provided with storage kit.
- Do not use toothpaste on the device as it contains abrasives and may damage your device
- Never use hot water as it will damage the device
- At night clean your teeth and mouth thoroughly before wearing your device.
- SomnoMed recommends the use of SomTabs to clean your device in hard to reach areas.
- You may use SomTabs as often as required; once a day to once a week. Click here for more information or to purchase SomTabs.
Tips when wearing a SomnoDent for Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Always wear both upper and lower plates together; wearing only one plate renders the device ineffective.
- In the morning you may find it helpful to chew gum or do jaw motion exercises to help alleviate any stiffness after wearing the device overnight.