SomnoMed provides treatment solutions for Sleep-related Breathing Disorders including obstructive sleep apnea, snoring and bruxism. SomnoMed was commercialized on the basis of extensive clinical research. Supporting independent clinical research, continuous innovation and instituting medical manufacturing standards has resulted in SomnoDent® becoming the state-of-the-art and clinically proven medical oral appliance therapy for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). More than 300,000 patients around the world have treated their mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with SomnoDent oral device therapy. Worn during sleep and fitted by a dental sleep specialist, the SomnoDent line of oral appliances are customized to offer superior comfort and quality to each individual patient.
At SomnoMed, we keep the patient at the center of our focus and know that successful treatment is much more than just the device. With our history of innovation, commitment to connecting physicians and dentists, SomnoMed provides patients with the products and services they need to return to enjoying their lives.
SomnoMed is a publicly traded company (ASX:SOM) founded in 2004 in Sydney, Australia. The North American office, located in Plano, Texas was opened in 2006.
To delight our customers and patients with the highest quality products and services for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
- 300,000+ patients treated with SomnoDent oral devices in 27 countries
- 9 out of 10 SomnoDent patients report improvement in sleep quality
- All SomnoDent oral devices are FDA 510(k) cleared with over 15+ independent clinical studies
- More than 10 years of innovation and industry leadership
- 2005: First dorsal fin oral device for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is introduce, the SomnoDent Classic.
- 2006: Begins offering SomnoDent oral devices / mandibular advancement devices in North America.
- 2008: SomnoMed introduced SMH BFlex technology in SomnoDent Flex oral device. SMH BFlex offers comfort with a soft inner liner.
- 2012: Alpha-numeric system simplifies calibration of SomnoDent oral devices with the introduction and launch of the SomnoDent G2, a metal free oral device.
- 2013: E0486 Medicare verified SomnoDent Herbst is introduced and launched.
- 2014: Patient-specific calibration with 3 removable wings is introduced with the development and launch of the SomnoDent Fusion.
- 2014: E0486 Medicare verified SomnoDent Herbst Advance is launched and becomes the first intraoral device featuring a visual calibration indicator for the treatment of OSA, giving dentists and patients greater control over therapy and sleep apnea treatment.
- 2015: SomnoDent with Compliance Recorder –powered by DentiTrac™- is a definitive breakthrough merging oral device therapy with reliable compliance results to treat mild-to-moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), designed to specially address the need for objective compliance measurement when using oral devices.
- 2015: SomnoMed acquires Strong Dental, further extending operations into Canada and adapting SUAD oral appliances into SomnoDent line of devices.
- Company Leadership
- Medical Advisory Board – Research and Development
- Corporate Partners (North America)
Our Patient Journey