You’re busy with work, activities, and kids – the last thing you want to be concerned with is cleaning your SomnoDent oral device. Here at SomnoMed, we understand! We’ve created the perfect solution for you with SomTabs – your SomnoDent devices’ best friend!
We recommend SomTabs for the gentle and thorough cleaning of SomnoDent devices. Every morning after removing your device rinse it under running water, place in your SomnoMed retainer with water and add a SomTab. SomnoDent oral devices maintain their appearance best when cleaned and stored properly. Below is guidance on how patients should store our various devices.
- Fusion, Flex, Classic, Suad, Suad Ultra, Herbst (Ball Clasp and Flex), Herbst Advance (Ball Clasp and Flex), and AIR (Ball clasp only): These products should all be gently cleaned daily (preferably with SomTabs), rinsed and stored in a container of fresh clean water.
- AIR+: This product should be stored dry to reduce the chance of premature delamination of the Poly+ liner. Have any questions? Check out our FAQs or contact us.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Keep your device out of direct sunlight.
- Never use toothpaste on the device as it contains abrasives and may damage your SomnoDent.
- Never use hot or boiling water to clean your SomnoDent.
- Always brush your teeth thoroughly prior to inserting your device for the evening.
- Cleaning tablets containing active oxygen for dentures may permanently damage the plastic of your SomnoDent oral device. The use of any cleaning agents not recommended by SomnoMed will void the device’s warranty.
SomTabs is the preferred method for cleaning your SomnoDent device. We’ve even made ordering easy – simply click here.
While you wait for your SomTabs order to arrive in the mail, you may clean your device with other approved SomnoDent cleaning options:
- Very mild dish detergent soap
- Distilled white vinegar
- Partial denture cleaner (low efferdent, use a 1/4 of the tab)
For any of these 3 options, only soak for 15 minutes when you wake up in the morning. Every morning after removing your device rinse it under running water, place in your SomnoMed retainer with water and add a SomTab (or any of the above cleaning options). After cleaning the device, store all devices except for SomnoDent Air Plus, in clean water in its container. The SomnoDent Air Plus should be stored in a dry container to protect against delamination.