When comparing The SUAD™ Device to other treatment options on the market, including CPAP therapy, over-the-counter solutions, other oral appliances, and surgery, its unique features and advantageous benefits effortlessly outshine the rest. Use the following comparisons to determine which solution is best for you.
The SUAD™ Device vs. CPAP Therapy
Although CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) therapy is the commonly prescribed treatment option for obstructive sleep apnea, it just does not work for some patients. Often times, OSA sufferers are intolerant to the face mask, air pressures, and limited sleep positions that come with CPAP therapy. The chart below compares the features of The SUAD™ Device to that of CPAP therapy:
The SUAD™ Device vs. Over-The-Counter Solutions
Over-the-counter solutions are mass-produced and generally economically priced. These solutions consist of anti-snoring mouth guards, pillows, sprays, nasal strips, herbal capsules, or head/jaw bands. The above-listed products are only designed to treat basic snoring, one sign of a life-threatening medical disorder known as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that will be left undiagnosed. The chart below compares the features of The SUAD™ Device to that of over-the-counter solutions:
The SomnoDent SUAD™ Device vs. Other Oral Sleep Appliances
When choosing a dental sleep appliance to treat your snoring or obstructive sleep apnea it is best to choose a premium device. All premium oral sleep appliances, including the SUAD™ Device, treat snoring and all levels of obstructive sleep apnea, as well as severe obstructive sleep apnea. Just like The SUAD™ Device, the majority of oral sleep appliances are FDA cleared to market for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, clinically validated, safe, and effective. However, unlike some appliances on the market, The SUAD™ Device has the following notable benefits:
- If you are missing some lower or upper teeth (partially edentulous arch), if you have absolutely no upper teeth (totally edentulous arch), or if you require combination therapy of a CPAP Pro and a dental appliance, The SUAD™ Device can be fabricated to match your condition, plus more!
- Only appliance with a five-year limited warranty
- Only appliance that comes packaged with a complimentary bite deprogrammer, The Morning Repositioner.
- Only appliance specifically engineered to withstand the forces of bruxism teeth grinding).
- Only appliance with a patented casted substructure that helps to minimize the possibility of actual tooth movement.
- Non-restrictive in movement allowing you to fully open and close your mouth, drink water, speak clearly, yawn, and take oral medication while wearing the appliance.
- Does not limit how far forward you can move your lower jaw, does not have fins that limit lateral movement, and does not lock your upper and lower jaw together.
The SomnoDent SUAD™ Device vs. Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Surgery is usually only recommended if all other treatment options are non-applicable, unsuccessful, or intolerable. Unlike The SUAD™ Device, surgery is invasive meaning that once surgery has been performed, the results cannot be reversed. It is best to consult your physician and dental practitioner to thoroughly revise all treatment options before resorting to surgery.